The Wolverine hit home video this week and thanks to the 4-disc Unleashed Edition I finally get to watch the scenes I saw shot last fall when I traveled to the set in Australia. The news of its release brought a lot of attention to director James Mangold and star Hugh Jackman’s plans for another Wolverine solo adventure.
No one could have predicted the amount of other major, major superhero movie news that it got shuffled in with in the days following…
Let me break this down to see what’s happened in the last few days, most of this coming in just the last two days:
- James Mangold and star Hugh Jackman are already working together on a story for Wolverine 3.
- Gal Gadot was cast as Wonder Woman in Zack Snyder’s Batman vs. Superman.
- Barry Allen (The Flash) appeared in Arrow and there are rumors of the character also showing up in Batman vs. Superman.
- The official trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 released, revealing several new villains as rumors point to an additional teaser for Venom.
- The screenplay for X-Force, another potential future X-Men team-up film is complete, and could lead to a Deadpool spinoff.
- In the midst of all of this, X-Men: Days of Future Past director Bryan Singer namedropped supervillain Apocalypse and confirmed another X-Men film for 2016.
Sorry non-comic book films, your headlines have been made obsolete.